It’s fall y’all and as we put away the Halloween candy and costumes, start contemplating Thanksgiving or try to avoid the subject all together and slowly watch our waistlines expand, I thought I’d compile a list of all the other things to look forward to in the fall around the glorious Reno/Tahoe area. You can hardly walk a block in downtown Reno during the summer without running into some kind of parade, concert, food festival, fun run etc. etc., but in the fall there are plenty of things to do too. Below is a list of events in November that should appeal to everyone in the family, and I’ve included links to the appropriate website to find out more information.
- November 11- Veteran’s Day Parade 11am
- November 15- UNR Ski Swap
- November 16 – Wine Walk on the River 2 pm
- November 23- November 24 – Buy Local Marketplace: The Buy Local Marketplace will be held at the National Automobile Museum again this year for two days: Saturday, November 23rd from 10 am – 5 pm and Sunday, November 24th from 10 am – 3 pm. The charge is only $2.00 per person for entry and a free shuttle will be available from the parking lot at the corner of Virginia and Court, across from the Pioneer Center.
- November 26 – Rink on the River Opening Day
- November 26 – Reno Holiday Tree Lighting 5 pm
- November 28 – Scheels Turkey Trot
- November 22 – December 23 – “Polar Express” on the V & T Railroad
For an even more exhaustive search of events, concerts and things to do visit the Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority website here.
So what are you’re favorite things about fall in Reno/Tahoe? Mine has to be the first snow fall at the lake as seen below.